Thursday 15 August 2013

Those Eyes

I looked up from the glowing inferno that was my soul and my wandering gaze fumbled upon your eyes. Taken aback by the intensity of your smouldering gaze, I caught myself as I stumbled into their depths.

While the eyes still remain the window to the soul, his eyes were the escape I sought from the darkness of mine own. Looking into his eyes I realised that the darkness that has been consuming me could be forgotten. There was an escape route.

Like a meth addict I found myself going back again and again to find myself lost in the intensity of his stare. Those deep brown eyes burned into my being and laid me bare. They sought to see the conflict and madness dancing like wild flames against the backdrop of blood thirsty lions and mourning wolves. They saw all… they questioned nothing.

I still find myself drawn into their spiralling depths. I began to explore the dark hallways and locked doors hidden within those eyes. Consumed by what can only be described as a furious desire to overcome my pain, I discovered his. The locked doors, as friable as a cervical tumour, opened to my touch and images of pain and betrayal, love and lust, joy and hatred rushed to meet me.

Disorientated and consumed I realised the reason I was so drawn by that stare. They resembled my own pain. My own desire for understanding and meaning had attracted me to a like minded person. His pain was equivocal and as real and raw as my own. We sought to take comfort in each other's eyes for within them we found acceptance. It was suddenly okay to be broken and damaged. It didn't matter that the very fabric of our individual universes were coming apart. We had suddenly found each other and with it the opportunity to create a whole new world – one devoid of the emotions captured within our souls.

Yet those eyes… I could never escape them no matter where life takes me. They have been burned into my retinas and no matter the situation, I just have to close my own and I can see them. The wide-eyed, dark brown, long-lashed eyes deepened and enhanced by the depth of emotion and pain contained therein.

They are dynamic. When they chance upon me across a crowded room, or when they meet mine in the throes of intimacy they achieve nothing short of an electric jolt through the cerebrospinal fluid encasing my spinal cord. They have the ability to render me speechless not to mention throw me over the edge of nervousness.

Beneath his intense gaze I am nothing short of putty in his hands. Tremulous and trepid, I am lost and don't want to be found. I am consumed and could spend the rest of my days lost beneath his stare.

If only I could articulate the profound emotions that course through my veins when he looks at me so…

If only I could muster up the courage to let down my guard so he can visualise just how much he has stolen from me….

If only he knew the true power of his eyes…

They are… irresistible… unequivocal…

No comments:

Post a Comment